College scholarships will be awarded through a drawing at the 2023 Scenic Rivers Energy Cooperative 86th Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 15, 2023. The meeting will be held in person at the Grant County Youth and Ag Building in Lancaster. At the time of the meeting, to be eligible to receive a scholarship, the applicant must be either:
• senior in high school; or
• a senior in a home-schooled program; or
• a non-traditional student entering their freshman year in a post-secondary accredited program
1. Only dependents of active members or active members of Scenic Rivers Energy Cooperative will be eligible. (Dependents of employees and directors are eligible as long as they are active members of SREC.)
2. The student must be present at the SREC Annual Meeting held on April 15, 2023.
3. After successful completion of the student’s first semester (Fall 2023) of post-secondary education AND receiving at least 12 college credits at a minimum “C” average for that semester, a $1,000 check will be made payable to the school for second semester tuition. If the student fails to meet these qualifications, the scholarship will be awarded to the alternate if they have met all the same requirements.
Application must be received on or before April 10, 2023 to qualify.
If you have questions regarding the 2023 Scenic Rivers Energy Cooperative Scholarship, please contact Carrie Olmstead at 608-723-2121 or 800-236-2141 ext. 556.